It is time to adorn yourself with the garment of praise. Your natural appearance may not be where you want it to be but in the spirit you area dressed to kill. Psalm 61:3 says, “Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.” A spirit of heaviness can manifest itself in depression, fear, anxiety, doubt, worry, bitterness, sorrow or grief but the supernatural remedy is the garment of praise. Let Psalms 61:1 be your declaration, “He has anointed me…” Anointed means you are set apart, capacitated with gifts and commissioned with full authority to overcome the assault and resistance of the enemy.
Praise for the believer is not optional or a last resort, it is our initial battle cry; it activates and alerts angelic forces to get in position. Satan wants to make us focus on our problems. He will try everything he can to stop us from worshipping and praising God. As a believer our authority is activated as we put the Word in application, so what benefits are vested in the garment of praise.
1) Praise activates our faith to trust God completely, not our circumstances, not people, not our pastor but the almighty God that governs the universe.
2) Praise ushers in the Zoe kind of life, the life that won’t quit, fail or falter.
3) Praise strengthens and empowers us by releasing the joy of the Lord which is our strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
4) Praise reminds us of our everlasting covenant with God that He would never leave us nor forsake us.
5) Praise exalts God above every circumstance.
6) Praise roots us in God’s goodness and favor.
7) Praise activates the ministry of the Holy Spirit who is constantly making intercession for us. 8) Praise stills and silences the voice of the enemy (Psalms 8:2).
9) Praise keeps us in communion with God. Hebrews 13:15 says, “By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God, continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name.”